• Four IT based companies from the UK and Singapore signed their agreements with the Hi-Tech Park Authority to invest around 3 billion USD in Bangladesh in the inaugural day. They expressed their interests to invest in the ICT of Bangladesh for the next 5 years.7 Memorandum of Understandings had been formalized in 3 days during the event for international business collaborations.
• Around 20 delegates and renowned IT personalities were present in the dinner.
1) Telecom Asia: Tentative investment would be $1Billion & like to working
a) Payment Gateway
b) Triple Play Solution
c) IT & consumers electronics products
d) Private STP;
2) Sea Mark (BD) Ltd :Plan to invest $ 50-100million & intend to working
a) Software sector
b) Hardware manufacturing
c) IT Academy in Hi-Tech Park
3) Tech Shed Pvt. Ltd: Likely to invest $5 million initially and will go to manufacturing local computer brand, name d-DG.
4) Vibrant Software Ltd.-To provide a formal basis for initiating interaction between High-Tech Park and VIBRANT SOFTWARE LTD to see the potentiality of investing $5 Million to setup an enterprise level Business Intelligence solutions provider including a Data Tier Level 4 Data Center to host developed solutions in Bangladesh Private and Public Sectors.
5) Between UKBCCI, FBCCI and BHPA: The parties will work together to:
• Ensure that project activities are development focused in that they aim to bring about long term positive change in the communities where we work
• Build relationships internationally that are based on sustainable community capacity building.
6) Between ICT Division and Payza: is the much waiting demand from our freelancers & that is the MoU between PayZa BD and ICT Division. PayZa BD is going to provide the online payment solutions in Bangladesh.
7) Between BCA and Bangladesh Hi-Tech Park Authority